THE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANTS AND ROBERT HALF ANNOUNCE FINANCIAL EXECUTIVES OF THE YEAR
Nicholas Malden Of Ventana Medical Systems Named National Winner
MENLO PARK, CA -- The Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) and Robert Half (RHI) today announced the national and regional winners of the 2003 Financial Executive of the Year Award. Winners were chosen from nominations submitted throughout the country for executives demonstrating exceptional achievements in the finance and accounting fields.
Nicholas Malden of Tucson, Ariz.-based Ventana Medical Systems, Inc., was named the national award winner. During his tenure as vice president, chief financial officer and secretary of the automated diagnostic systems manufacturing company, the firm has seen a record of success. Malden was recognized for his forward-thinking approach to financial planning, and the clear accounting and control vision he provides his companys management team.
"We salute Nicholas and all of the regional winners for their outstanding accomplishments," said David Schweitz, CAE, president and CEO of IMA.
"The Financial Executive of the Year Award is designed to reward leadership, integrity and commitment to the profession," said Max Messmer, chairman and CEO of Robert Half. "We are a proud sponsor of the award and congratulate all of the 2003 nominees and award recipients."
Winners were selected in each participating IMA council region. The regional winners of the 2003 Financial Executive of the Year Award are:
- Donald Allan Jr., CPA; The Stanley Works; Northeast Council; New Britain, Conn.
- Richard Bernier, CBM; Excel Alternatives, Inc.; Florida Council; Sanford, Fla.
- Roger Boeve; Performance Food Group Co.; Virginia Council; Richmond, Va.
- Chuck Bono, CPA, CMA; TLC Vision; Heartland Council; St. Louis, Mo.
- Gary R. Brown, CPA, CMA; owner, CPA firm; Texas Council; Georgetown and Round Rock, Texas
- Larry R. Carter; Cisco Systems, Inc.; Golden West Council; San Jose, Calif.
- Jeffrey M. Chertoff; Cantor Fitzgerald and eSpeed, Inc.; Metropolitan New York Council; New York, N.Y.
- Paul W. Cunningham, CPA, CMA; Team Dealerships; Keystone Mountain State Council; Johnstown, Pa.
- Kevin E. Dolan, CMA, CTP; EATEL Communications Inc.; Gulf South Council; Gonzales, La.
- John M. Evans, CPA; Pulte Homes, Inc.; Mid-Atlantic Council; Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
- Michael K. Gorey, CPA; Bridgestone Americas Holding Co.; Tennessee Valley Council; Nashville, Tenn.
- Kenneth O. Hall, CPA, CMA, CFM; Heidelberg Digital L.L.C.; Upstate New York Council; Rochester, N.Y.
- Mary M. Kabacinski, CPA; School Specialty, Inc.; Mid-America Council; Appleton, Wis.
- Scott C. Malpass; University of Notre Dame; Lincoln Trail Council; Notre Dame, Ind.
- Carol A. Meier, CMA, CFM; Graphic Packaging Corp.; Rocky Mountain Council; Golden, Colo.
- Stacy M. Pearson, CPA, MPA; Boise State University; Pacific Northwest Council; Boise, Idaho
- James D. Skochelak; Atwell-Hicks, Inc.; Michigan Council; Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Nicholas R. Sucic, CPA; The Davey Tree Expert Co.; Ohio Council; Kent, Ohio
- Christa Titus; First National Merchant Solutions; North Central Council; Omaha, Neb.
- Royallen Wiley, CMA, CMT, CL; Clariant Corp.; Carolinas Council; Charlotte, N.C.
Each Financial Executive of the Year receives a trophy, complimentary two-year IMA membership and gift basket delivered to their place of employment. They will be presented with their awards at ceremonies held by the IMA regional councils.
At a special ceremony on Oct. 29 in Tucson, Ariz., representatives of IMA and RHI will present national winner Nicholas Malden with his award. For being chosen for the top award, he will receive an additional year of complimentary IMA membership and a $2,500 scholarship donated to the school of his choice.
For a complete biography of each of the winners, visit RHI's website at www.rhi.com/feya/winners.htm.
The Institute of Management Accountants is the leading professional organization devoted exclusively to the fields of management accounting and financial management. The IMA has 67,000 members, including 265 national and international chapters. The IMA provides members with career support and professional development through Certified Management Accountants (CMA) and Certified in Financial Management (CFM) designations, education programs, networking, and leadership opportunities. For more information about the IMA, visit www.imanet.org.
Robert Half was founded in 1948 and is the first and largest specialized staffing firm for accounting and finance professionals. Its staffing divisions include Accountemps®, Robert Half® Finance & Accounting and Robert Half® Management Resources, for temporary, full-time and senior-level project professionals, respectively. The company has more than 320 offices throughout North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, and offers online job search services on its divisional websites, all of which can be accessed at www.roberthalf.com.